Sinuses are basically eight hollow cavities around the nose in our skull. They help lighten the skull while acting as shock absorbers for the head. In short, they moisten nasal activity and improve our voices. There is a mucus layer that helps in preventing the nose from any microorganisms, dirt, dust, and pollutants.
They drain the mucus that the sinuses produce into the nasal cavity. But there are times when they get themselves blocked because of excess production of mucus or because of the blockage in the mucus outflow.
At the end of the day, the bacteria attacked them, which causes a lot of pain, purulent mucus, and inflammation which leads to sinusitis.
People with allergies, asthma, structural blockage in the nose, or people with sinuses or weak immune systems are at greater risk of suffering from sinusitis. In such a situation, an ayurvedic doctor in Ludhiana will help you get rid of the problem without any doubt.
How To Prevent Sinusitis?
The right way to get rid of such health conditions is to get a proper Sinusitis Ayurvedic Treatment in Ludhiana after the doctor evaluates the problem.
We have also gathered common ways to help eliminate sinusitis or prevent yourself from getting one.
- Try to avoid as much exposure as possible to cold, snow, wind, or dusty atmosphere.
- Do not consume cold food, especially in windy or cold weather.
- In cold weather, you should cover your feet, head, and ears while venturing outside.
- If you have a Kapha or Vata body type, then you should prefer eating warm food, which is very easy to digest, or else you will tend to develop sinusitis.
- At the time of a common acute cold, you should consume warm and light food with a hint of oil, butter, or ghee in it. Other good options are grilled meat, vegetables, quinoa, millet, meat soup, and oat porridge.
- In case you are constipated, then address it aggressively, specifically if you have an allergic predisposition.
- You should go for regular nasal cleaning with saline or anutalam water.
- Oral cleansing with Triphala tea or saline water. This will help you clear the passages while draining all the mucus.
- Add turmeric to your diet as it helps in reducing inflammation, congestion, and allergic disposition. You can use turmeric in any form, whether brewed as tea or as a spice.
- Try to sleep early and never stay up late at night as it might reduce your immunity.
- Try to avoid drinking right after a meal as it will increase the production of mucus. It is necessary to keep yourself hydrated but do not over-consume it.
What Is Flu?
Flu is not a regular common cold but rather a highly contagious illness. Influenza viruses induce respiratory conditions that infect the nose, throat, and even the lungs in some cases. It can range from moderate to severe illness based on each patient’s symptoms. The tiny droplets that come from people who have flu, sneezes, coughs, or talk can spread this contagious condition.